[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”3_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.69″ background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid”]
5 Ways to Prolong the Life of Your Vehicle
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.69″ background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid”]
Your car is an important possession, and you have to take care of it if you want it to last for a long time. It’s always advisable to check with your auto repair technician to find out what you can do to extend the life of your vehicle.
Your auto repair technician will certainly tell you that it’s not only the engine you need to keep tabs on. If you want to extend the life of your vehicle, you also have to protect the exterior and the interior. So take a look at these 5 ways to prolong the life of your vehicle.
- Carry out regular maintenance. Visiting your auto repair shop for routine maintenance is critical if you want to extend the life of your vehicle. Neglecting regular maintenance can put your car’s engine at risk, especially if the oil becomes so dirty that it turns to slush.
Dirty oil can damage the engine of your vehicle, and end up costing you a lot of money. Along with your routine maintenance, the auto repair shop will also change other components, such as the spark plugs, transmission fluid, and filters.
- Protect the exterior and interior. Don’t allow dirt and debris to accumulate on or inside your vehicle. Wash it frequently using the right products, so that the paint job stays in tip-top condition. Most auto repair shops offer detailing services that will take care of both the interior and exterior of your vehicle. Utilizing these services will help keep your vehicle in excellent condition.
Too much sun can have a damaging effect on the paint job on your vehicle, and will also affect the interior, so park in the shade or under a covered area whenever possible.
- Fix minor problems quickly. If you notice any strange sounds coming from the engine, or if your vehicle starts pulling to one side or begins acting strangely in any way, visit your auto repair shop and get these minor problems fixed quickly. It’s never a good idea to ignore them, because they can easily lead to a lot of damage and cost you more money in the future.
- Check engine fluids often. Your auto repair technician can give you tips on when and how to check and top up engine fluids such as the coolant. This may need to be done outside of your trip to the auto repair shop for maintenance. Coolant helps keep the engine running at the right temperature, so you want to make sure that it’s at the correct level at all times.
- Keep tires properly inflated. Keeping the tires on your car inflated at the recommended levels will improve your mileage. Under-inflation reduces the life of the tires, and also causes more drag between the tires and the road, which puts pressure on the engine. Check with your auto repair shop to make sure your tires are at the recommended pressure.
Following these simple tips will help you extend the life of your vehicle. You can also check with your auto repair shop to find out more.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_sidebar _builder_version=”3.0.69″ area=”sidebar-1″ orientation=”left” background_layout=”light” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]